An Upstairs Pipe Ruptured in My Kansas City Home, and Covered the Living Room with Water, What Can I Do?
Whenever Something Like This Occurs, It’s Important to Contact a Good Water Damage Remediation Service As Soon As Possible
Leaky and ruptured pipes are often the cause of residential water damage and are frequent headaches for Kansas City homeowners. Leaky pipes can be especially insidious, with damage sometimes remaining unnoticed for months or even years.
Unfortunately, when a homeowner does eventually discover these problems, the harm already done to their home is usually quite substantial. So, it is crucial that you routinely have your home checked for leaks and excessive moisture. As far as catastrophic pipe bursts go, they often occur during hard freezes but are possible at any time. Whenever they do occur, you need help fast and should call a reputable service provider like SERVPRO for help.
What Makes Some Water Damage Restoration Companies Better than Others?
As with all products and services, not all are of equal quality or value, and it pays to shop around. The same, of course, goes for Kansas City water damage remediation businesses. Some providers may offer affordable help but do shoddy work, while others do quality work but are overpriced. It is also important to know that not all companies have workers trained and experienced in fields related to your particular problem. Others do not possess the right equipment to handle your job. With all that said, a company like SERVPRO is usually your best option. SERVPRO is a good, reliable choice because:
- We are an Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) – certified firm
- Our technicians are certified in, among other things, Water Damage Restoration (WRT), Applied Structural Drying (ASD), Applied Microbial Remediation (AMRT), Carpet Cleaning (CCT), Carpet Repair & Reinstallation (RRT), Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning (UFT), and Color Repair (CRT)
- Company workers have had OSHA General or Construction Industry Training
- Our Catastrophic Loss Teams can handle and remediate significant water loss events, twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year
- We have a 5-star rating on Google Reviews
Does SERVPRO Have the Right Equipment to Effectively Deal with My Particular Issue?
Our company uses all the latest state-of-the-art cleaning and water damage remediation equipment. Whatever your service needs are in Kansas City, we likely have the tools necessary to help you. Some of the advanced equipment we use is listed below:
- Moisture sensors to find moisture in walls, carpets, and baseboards
- Moisture meters to detect moisture levels in various household items
- Thermohygrometers to determine the relative humidity, specific humidity, vapor pressure, dew point, and temperature inside your home
- Extractors to remove standing water and clean carpets and upholstery
- Air movers to facilitate evaporative drying
- Refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers to remove moisture from the air
- Injectidry systems to dry areas behind walls and ceilings
- Ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers that inject deodorants, disinfectants, or fungicides into difficult-to-access areas
- Thermal foggers that produce deodorizing fogs to eliminate unwanted odors in confined spaces
Our technicians are often able to limit damage and repair most water-related issues using theses resources.
How Does SERVPRO Handle My Water Damage in Kansas City?
We dedicate ourselves to restoring your Kansas City home to its pre-water damage state. Rest assured that our Kansas City professionals are trained and skilled in handling water-related issues like yours. They deal with your case in a fast, time-tested, cost-effective way. Our general work process is as follows:
- We usually arrive on-site within four hours of being informed of your issue
- Technicians remove any standing water with wet vacs or extractors
- Using extractors or wet vacs, we dry carpets and upholstery
- Utilizing Dehumidifiers, air movers, and injectidry systems to dry the interior of your home
- Workers periodically monitor moisture levels in your home and its contents with moisture sensors/meters and thermohygrometers
- Upon reaching the pre-determined drying goal, technicians deodorize your residence with high-tech foggers and odor sealing techniques
After completing all the work, customers are generally impressed by the results. They appreciate the speed at which we complete our work, our service quality, and how we always endeavor to save them money. In the long run, our efforts usually prevent additional damage from the homeowner’s water issue, help protect their house from dry rot, and hinder harmful odor-causing microbial growth.
When considering hiring a water damage service company in Kansas City, do your research. Evaluate company reputations, the credentials of their professionals, the services they offer, the resources they have to handle your job, and, if available, their rates. This effort should not only save your home but also safeguard your wallet in the long run. When you need water damage cleaned up and your home restored, contact SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown at (816) 895-8890 for help.