How Can I Avoid Needing Professional Mold Remediation for My Kansas City Business?
Don't let mold colonize in your office. Call SERVPRO! We can locate the moisture source and remove the mold.
There Are Ways to Prevent Mold, But Sometimes Mold Remediation is Unavoidable
The seeds of mold, called “spores,” are omnipresent in the environment, so there is always a chance that mold colonies might grow somewhere in your Kansas City business. If this happens, it could impact your facilities, damage your inventory, or even force you to cease operations.
SERVPRO’s mold remediation experts in Kansas City know that it is exceedingly difficult for business owners to prevent mold growth because mold spores can be found floating in the air almost anywhere. These airborne seeds are relatively harmless until they land on a surface where the right conditions exist for them to sprout and grow into thriving colonies. To prevent this from happening, our mold specialists suggest that you:
- Look for and try to eliminate all potential water sources that mold can use to survive
- Avoid using wooden elements and furnishings in moisture-rich parts of your business, like kitchens and restrooms, whenever possible
- Maintain interior temperatures below 77 F
- Keep interior humidity levels under 55% with dehumidifiers, if necessary
- Treat water/moisture-prone areas of your business with antifungals
If, after taking these measures, you are unable to prevent mold issues, SERVPRO can assist you with mold inspection, mold removal, and black mold damage repairs.
Whenever you need us, your neighborhood SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown is ready to do whatever it takes to complete your mold remediation job. Call us anytime at (816) 895-8890 for assistance.
Why Should I Consider Using SERVPRO’s Water Restoration Service in Kansas City?
Water damage can impact any area of your home. SERVPRO can locate the moisture source and restore your home.
SERVPRO Is Uniquely Suited for Performing Local Water Restoration Work
At any moment, a water leak could impact your Kansas City residence. Such a leak could come in many forms, occur at varying speeds, and be of differing levels of severity. Regardless of how they result, SERVPRO is uniquely capable of remediating their effects.
SERVPRO, a Kansas City water restoration company, is experienced in handling a wide variety of water leaks and cleaning up the issues they cause. Our skilled technicians have successfully performed water damage remediation work on the effects of ceiling leaks, burst pipes, and basement flooding caused by leaky water containers and malfunctioning appliances.
Some reasons why we are so effective at cleaning up and restoring water-damaged homes:
- We are strategically located in Kansas City, so our technicians, equipment, and facilities are often close enough to your home to offer you the fastest emergency water damage services
- Our experts are trained by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification in applied structural drying, applied microbial remediation, water damage restoration, carpet cleaning, color repair, and odor control
- The SERVPRO arsenal contains all the latest industry tools, like powerful wet vacs and extractors, advanced air movers and dehumidifiers, cutting edge Injectidry systems, and state-of-the-art foggers that disinfect and deodorize even the most inaccessible areas
As you can see, SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown is well-prepared to help you with all of your water restoration needs. Whenever you need us, call (816) 895-8890 for assistance.
What Do Kansas City Fire Damage Cleanup Crews Typically Encounter After a Fire?
Smoke from this fire will travel throughout the home. SERVPRO has the tools and training to make it "Like it never even happened."
Following a Fire, Cleanup Crews in Kansas City Often Find Certain Types of Fire Damage
When a fire ravages your Kansas City home, it usually leaves behind certain kinds of damage. These fire-related scars affect surfaces around your residence, foul its air in at least a couple of ways, injure its structure and contents, and ultimately impact its overall livability.
After years of performing fire damage cleanup work in Kansas City, SERVPRO technicians have grown accustomed to finding particular types of fire and smoke damage. While completing their house fire clean up efforts, our professionals have generally found:
- Foul, smoke particle-laden air throughout fire damaged homes
- Acidic, fire-related residues that discolor and corrode, or otherwise harm any surfaces they are deposited on
- Scorched or charred structural elements and household contents
- Seriously damaged rooms or areas of houses that require substantial reconstructive efforts.
- Smoke particle-coated HVAC ductwork that could facilitate the further fouling of interior air
After discovering such issues, SERVPRO employs its specialized fire damage restoration expertise and equipment to return your residence to its pre-fire condition as soon as possible. Some of the state-of-the-art tools that enable us to do this are air movers, air scrubbers, ozone machines, advanced foggers, and a wide array of commercial-grade deodorants.
So, if you ever suffer a house fire and need fire damage cleanup assistance, call your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown. We are always ready for your call at (816) 895-8890.
Prompt Water Removal After Flooding in Kansas City
SERVPRO's skilled water damage control technicians can deploy LGR low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers in commercial and residential properties
Don’t Let Interior Flooding Wreak Havoc on Your Kansas City Home – Call SERVPRO for Water Removal Services
There could be many events that cause water to flood your interior. Regardless of the cause, be it burst pipes or a faulty appliance, you need skilled water damage remediation – and fast! Even if you have a shop vac handy to try to pull up water, you may not have the capacity for the standing water before it migrates into dry spaces. SERVPRO arrives quickly to get started on the assessment so that water clean up may begin.
Standing water has a significant impact on your interior and structural elements. This is why rapid water removal in Kansas City is best. The longer it takes to remove water, the higher the risk of secondary damage and mold development. Some effects on your home happen right away after the water emergency, while others start to develop over time.
Common issues that arise from standing water include:
- Corrosion or discoloration on various surfaces
- Floorings that buckle, delaminate, or collapse
- Plaster and drywall begin to disintegrate
- Walls could warp and paint or wallpaper bubbles or peels
- Any water that migrates gets trapped behind walls and other areas difficult to access
SERVPRO has skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) on the team to handle water removal services using state-of-the-art tools and EPA-registered cleaning agents, including:
- Powerful pumps and extractors with the capacity to pull up hundreds of gallons of water
- Industrial-grade air movers, high-velocity fans, and dehumidification equipment
- Floor pads and Injectidry technology to address hidden moisture under flooring and behind walls
Let us handle your water removal and water damage repairs! Call SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown at (816) 895-8890 for emergency response.
SERVPRO Kansas City Participates in Charity Golf Tournament to Benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City
Our team had a great time at the recent Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City Legacy Golf Tournament. It was a beautiful day of playing golf.
SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown proudly joined other local business leaders to raise awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City playing in the Legacy Golf Invitational Tournament, the premier entertainment golf tourney in the area.
The tournament took place Monday, May 25, 2021, at Loch Lloyd Golf Club and hosted the BBBS KC. All of the golfers were treated to a memorable experience as the Legacy Invitational has been designed to deliver a top-notch experience to both local and visiting golfers, including:
- Exceptional gifts for the golfers given post-tournament
- A pre-tee-off gourmet prepared breakfast and coffee bar
- Relaxing massages
- For smoking aficionados, a fabulous cigar emporium
During the tournament, the golfers had their cars washed on-site. The course-play saw different challenges set up along the way with prizes. Since golfing can be a parching game, hospitality tents were placed along the course to serve up refreshments, lunch, and any needed golfing supplies.
Once the game ended, the teams took part in a 19 Hole Reception at the Clubhouse, where the winners were announced, and each golfer left with a bouquet of fresh flowers. Special thanks to Rob Smith for taking photos of this fun occasion; we look forward to lending our support to Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City for future events.
Fire and Smoke Cleanup When You Need It in Kansas City
SERVPRO provides healthy IAQ indoor air quality after a fire damaging event in Kansas City homes
Trust SERVPRO with Fire and Smoke Cleanup So Your Kansas City Property Is Like-New Again
Even a more minor fire can leave behind copious amounts of smoke and soot residue. Waiting too long to address smoke damage opens up the potential for costly secondary damage due to corrosion and odor penetration. Depending on the type of fire, the materials burned, and the temperature, your interior may call for specialized cleaning techniques. SERVPRO promises that We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, bringing our customers the results they deserve.
Fire and smoke damage and cleanup in Kansas City require a multi-faceted approach. The best first step is assessing fire damaged homes to determine the right way to approach smoke remediation and overall cleanup. SERVPRO works to restore rather than replace, which means saving building materials, furnishings, and personal belongings with careful cleaning and foul odor removal methods.
Note: SERVPRO also offers pack-up/move-out services – this allows us to relocate valued possessions and contents for off-site cleaning.
In many cases, we handle smoke damage and non-oily residue with mild surface agitation. Such mechanical action is good for contents that cannot be immersed, washed, or do not have a smooth surface. Some of the options we have for cleaning include:
- Feather dusters
- Compressed air
- And more
No two house fire clean up projects are the same, and we tailor our methods to meet our goals for each job. Odor control and indoor air quality (IAQ) are two areas where our team excels, ensuring we leave no trace of the fire behind once we wrap up the project.
You can reach SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown by calling (816) 895-8890 so that we can send out a team for fire and smoke cleanup!
Kansas City Residents Get Peace of Mind with Professional Storm Damage Restoration
Storm water mitigation and drying Kansas City properties is a cornerstone of SERVPRO services. Advanced equipment, minimal demolition
SERVPRO Can Handle Storm and Flood Damage When You Need It in Kansas City – Call Us 24/7
If a recent storm left you with damage, including floodwater with debris and dirt, you need to know that DIY cleanup alone is not enough. Contaminated water from rain storms brings biohazards best left to emergency services water damage professionals. SERVPRO can come to your Kansas City property to handle any water that raged through your neighborhood. When we get done, your property can be back to pre-storm condition.
With our experience handling flooding and storm damage in Kansas City, you can rest easy knowing your property is in good hands. We are ready and on-call 24 hours a day, every day of the week. We feature a Green Fleet filled with all the equipment and tools necessary to quickly and efficiently address standing water, repairs, excessive moisture levels, and more.
Steps our water restoration technicians (WRT) take in any storm, and flood damage events include:
- Placement of tarps over damaged areas on your roof
- Boarding up of damaged windows and doors
- Rapid water removal services using high-powered extractors and pumps
- Drying and dehumidification by our applied structural drying technicians (ASD)
- Hidden moisture detection using sensors and meters
- Total cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection
- Repairs using controlled demolition, as needed
With controlled demolition, we address any non-salvageable materials with excessive water damage or contamination. Everything is reconstructed with all-new materials to make your home “Like it never even happened.”
When a storm rolls through, know that you have a team on your side at SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown to handle the damage. We are available 24/7, including overnights, weekends, and holidays. Call us for flood restoration at (816) 895-8890!
Addressing Kansas City Ceiling Leaks After Storm Damage
Ceiling water damage is common after storms. SERVPRO has the tools to make it "Like it never even happened."
Floodwater can Come in Through Your Ceiling, Causing Immense Storm Damage – Let SERVPRO Restore Your Kansas City Home!
Severe weather may bring on high winds and heavy rain – leading to a leaking roof from storms. All Kansas City property owners must know what to do should water damage form due to a recent storm. The sooner you enlist the help of trained SERVPRO technicians to handle water damage remediation, the easier the clean-up and repair will be!
Storm damage in Kansas City can happen at any time, but SERVPRO is the team to call when you require ceiling repairs from water damages. There are a few telltale signs to help determine whether you have water damage from a storm, including:
- Excessive dripping
- Stains on your interior walls or ceilings
- Damp or soft spots on your roof
- Materials that begin to sag
- Notable signs of structural collapse
Should you have ceiling leaks and roof damage, SERVPRO offers emergency board-up and tarping services to keep your interior from suffering excess loss. We will also handle all debris removal, water extraction, and drying required during the restoration process.
You must know what to do and who you can call once you suffer from storm damage that impacts your home. SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown has a Green Fleet filled with equipment, and we can dispatch a crew to your home within hours of your call. Reach us at (816) 895-8890, 24/7!
Fire Damage May Require a Move Out of Your Kansas City Business
Fire damage is devastating for businesses. SERVPRO can minimize the downtime and get your enterprise back up and running.
Kansas City Commercial Spaces Impacted by Fire Damage may Require Pack-Out/Move-Out Services From SERVPRO
As a business owner, you know you must watch your budget and overall business operations. If you have a fire, be it big or small, you may need to think about having items packed up and moved out to get stored or cleaned off-site. SERVPRO offers a no-fuss pack-out service for Kansas City business owners so that your fire damage restoration project goes off without a hitch.
Fire damage at your Kansas City commercial space must include clean-up of charred debris as well as detailed smoke remediation. When needed, SERVPRO can help with affordable move-out service:
- Pack-out/move-out allows items like equipment, office furniture, documents, and more to get packed up and moved to a secure destination during fire restoration.
- While not always necessary, a move-out is a great way to open up space so that our skilled fire and smoke damage technicians can get to work.
- SERVPRO always carefully logs and monitors inventory before and during moving to ensure everything is in place.
- Once cleaning is complete, we return all items to your Kansas City business.
Minimizing additional damage during fire restoration is imperative with our team at Kansas City Midtown. Call us at (816) 895-8890 when you need emergency service. We have crews standing by 24/7 – We Are Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Kansas City Homes Need Speedy Restoration to Handle Storm Flood Damage
Sometimes flood cuts are necessary to expose the structure for drying. You can trust the professionals of SERVPRO to restore you home.
Let SERVPRO Take Care of Your Flood Damage Needs After a Storm Rolls Through the Kansas City Area!
Not only is Kansas City known for being the largest city within the state of Missouri, but it is also the sixth-largest across the entire Midwest. Founded in the 1830s, Kansas City comprises several prominent neighborhoods, including Country Club Plaza, 18th and Vine District, and River Market District.
Dining and Sipping Your Way Through Kansas City
Grabbing a bite to eat or cooling down with a refreshing beverage is easy in Kansas City, with all of the fantastic options from which to choose. Whether you are looking for a local bakery to grab something quick for breakfast or planning a night out with friends, you will discover something for everyone to experience. Top stops in the area for restaurants and pubs include:
- Q39 – Midtown
- 801 Chop House
- Pierpont’s at Union Station
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood
- Café Trio Restaurant
- Blue Nile Cafe
Taking Time to Explore the Attractions Kansas City Has to Offer
Are you hoping to learn more about Kansas City, Missouri history or wish to experience local parks and nature destinations? There are many beautiful things to see, do, and enjoy when you are in the area, including top attractions like:
- National WWI Museum and Memorial –Located on 2 Memorial Drive, this is an outstanding museum and war memorial dedicated to the history and memory of WWI and the impact on the local and global community as a whole.
- Kansas City Zoo –Whether you are an animal buff looking to learn about specific species or you want to enjoy a memorable day out, you will find this world-famous zoo on Zoo Drive will make an excellent destination. Here, over 1700 amazing animals are housed across over 200 acres, making it an ideal stop for the whole family. Be sure to look at the regular events and activities scheduled each weekend.
- Arabia Steamboat Museum –Grand Boulevard is where you will find this unique destination filled with the rich history surrounding steamboats and the related industry. The museum itself houses 200 tons of impressive cargo dating back to life in the 1856 American frontier.
Flood Damage Restoration Calls for Extraction, Drying, and Proven SERVPRO Techniques for Kansas City Residents
SERVPRO technicians are available to ensure your Kansas City property gets back on track following flooding from a recent storm. As a property owner, the last thing you want to face will be costly repairs from a leaking roof from storms or floodwater seeping into your ground floor. We feature high-tech tools, equipment, and proven techniques to get results quickly.
When you call us for help with flood damage in Kansas City, we can assess damage intensity behind walls and within ductwork using borescopes. Such equipment is useful for:
- Gaining access to hard-to-reach areas
- Minimizing the need for wall demolition
- Capturing video and images in challenging spaces
You never want moisture trapped behind walls, within tight spaces, or behind baseboards where it can lead to potential mold growth. Our skilled IICRC-technicians perform water damage remediation to scope out hidden moisture to ensure it gets addressed accordingly.
SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown is the team you want in your corner for help with flood damage after a powerful storm. Call us at (816) 895-8890 for 24/7 emergency response.