What Is Black Mold?
How To Identify Black Mold
Although, we hear the phrase "black mold" quite often, most molds just have a black tint. If you spot mold, don't panic and call us! The scientific name for what most is most commonly referred to as "black mold" is Stachybotrys chartarum. This specific mold variation isn't proven to cause anymore harm than other molds. In most cases, breathing in excessive particulates of any type can cause health effects. If you have suspected mold in your Kansas City Midtown home, give us a call, as we would be happy to give you our professional recommendation.
Should I Clean Mold Myself?
Although, it seems easy to clean mold yourself using a household bleach, it will only remove the visible mold, not the spores. This could potentially cause additional risk for you and your family. The mold spores are what travel and spread from room to room, which needs to be removed. With using our professional mold removal service, we guarantee that not only the visible mold is removed but that the air quality of your home will be rid of all the spores.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (816) 895-8890
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Kansas City
- Kansas City
- Prairie Village
- Mission Hills
- Westwood Hills
- Mission Woods