Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
How A Water Leak Can Effect Your Kansas City Midtown Home
Water damage causes major damages to a home or business and in most cases comes out of thin air. At SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown, we are ready to serve and help you with the water restoration process, making it as easy as possible for you!
In addition, if you have noticed discoloration or a sag in your ceiling, you need SERVPRO! We pride ourselves on being quick to respond to any damage of any size. Below are a few tips for how what to do before and after flooding or major water damage.
As always, you and your family are the number one priority in a situation like water damage, remember to put safety first!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (816) 895-8890
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.