Kansas City Residents Often Deal with Flood Damage in the Spring.
Dealing with This Damage Safely in Kansas City Requires Certain Steps to Be Taken.
Every year in the spring, as seasonal storms pass through, Kansas City’s chances of falling victim to the effects of flooding increase substantially. Whenever flooding does occur, it puts significant hardships on local residents. It also prompts the need for professional cleanup services that can handle the special requirements of biohazard remediation work.
According to flood damage cleanup firm SERVPRO, Kansas City flood damage often involves the presence of hazardous wastes like sewage, toxic chemicals, and farming refuse. Fortunately, our biohazard cleaning company and its highly-trained technicians are experts at eliminating dangerous debris, sewage cleanup, water removal services, and comprehensive flood restoration.
A listing of some of the specialized actions we take to remediate flood-damaged homes is:
- Contaminants that could spread to other, unaffected places are contained, and EPA-approved disinfectants are sprayed in impacted areas and on affected surfaces
- Hazardous materials, silt, and other debris are removed with rakes and shovels, then professionally discarded
- Extractors are used to pull excess standing water from affected rooms and other places
- Structural components are evaluated for their salvageability based on pretest results, the porosity of the impacted materials, and the contaminants in the water involved
- Flood-damaged carpeting and padding are pulled up and carefully disposed of as hazardous waste
- Structural elements that have come into contact with floodwaters are cleaned, disinfected, and pressure washed if necessary
Following the completion of these biohazard cleanup procedures, flood-impacted homes are thoroughly dried using an air mover-dehumidifier network and are fogged with powerful deodorants.
With all this in mind, remember that your helpful local SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown is always here to help you overcome any flood damage your home may have. Contact us anytime at (816) 895-8890 for assistance.