How Can I Avoid Needing Professional Mold Remediation for My Kansas City Business?
There Are Ways to Prevent Mold, But Sometimes Mold Remediation is Unavoidable
The seeds of mold, called “spores,” are omnipresent in the environment, so there is always a chance that mold colonies might grow somewhere in your Kansas City business. If this happens, it could impact your facilities, damage your inventory, or even force you to cease operations.
SERVPRO’s mold remediation experts in Kansas City know that it is exceedingly difficult for business owners to prevent mold growth because mold spores can be found floating in the air almost anywhere. These airborne seeds are relatively harmless until they land on a surface where the right conditions exist for them to sprout and grow into thriving colonies. To prevent this from happening, our mold specialists suggest that you:
- Look for and try to eliminate all potential water sources that mold can use to survive
- Avoid using wooden elements and furnishings in moisture-rich parts of your business, like kitchens and restrooms, whenever possible
- Maintain interior temperatures below 77 F
- Keep interior humidity levels under 55% with dehumidifiers, if necessary
- Treat water/moisture-prone areas of your business with antifungals
If, after taking these measures, you are unable to prevent mold issues, SERVPRO can assist you with mold inspection, mold removal, and black mold damage repairs.
Whenever you need us, your neighborhood SERVPRO of Kansas City Midtown is ready to do whatever it takes to complete your mold remediation job. Call us anytime at (816) 895-8890 for assistance.