What Do Professionals Do to Stop Mold Growth?
If you’ve recently found a patch of black mold in your Kansas City home, you’re likely beside yourself with worry. Mold cleanup does not have to be stressful. In fact, the easiest and most reliable method of mold remediation relies on the knowledge and equipment of professionals. These experts can help get your home back to normal by taking the following five steps.
Steps professionals follow to stop mold growth
- Find the moisture source. Because mold needs moisture to grow, it’s important to find the source of moisture. A roof leak or condensation buildup may be the culprit of your mold problem. However, if this source isn’t found, the fungus will continue to come back. Finding and fixing the issue helps contain your mold growth.
- Wear personal protective equipment. While mold can cause structural damage to your home, it can also be a hazard. For this reason, professionals often put on masks, gloves and goggles before working with the mold in your home.
- Remove the porous materials. Porous materials must be discarded when affected by moisture and mold damage. For this reason, any affected dry wall will have to be cut out of the home and discarded. Carpets, mattresses and other objects may also have to be discarded.
- Clean and disinfect non-porous objects. Professionals may use a detergent-based disinfectant to clean the hard surfaces affected by mold. This cleaning should remove all spores.
- Dry out the area. After the cleaning, the entire area of your home affected by mold should be properly dried out. The remediation team may bring in air movers and dehumidifiers to help remove moisture from your home.
The growth of mold can be stopped by the proper cleaning steps. The only true way to stop this growth is to remove the source of the moisture and git rid of as many of the spores as possible. It may be tempting to do the remediation yourself, but remediation experts in Kansas City have the knowledge and equipment necessary to do this task well.